SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT
Is your event on Town property? This includes parks and the Marana regional airport.
Do you plan to consume/sell alcohol at your event?
- A Beer and Wine permit is available if you plan to consume alcohol. This permit is only applicable at Ora Mae Harn Park, Crossroads at Silverbell District Park, and Marana Heritage River Park.
- All Beer and Wine permits must be done in person at the Marana Parks and Recreation administration building at 13251 N. Lon Adams Road
- Permits require a valid government-issued I.D. that verifies permit holder's age above 21.
- A Special Event Liquor License Application is required for any sales and for consumption at all other locations. Liquor licenses require mayor and council approval. Please submit 30 days prior to the event.
Will your event impact traffic or public roadways (streets, sidewalks, and the area in-between)?
Do you need Marana Police assistance for traffic control and security?
- A fee applies for police assistance. Please contact Sergeant Castillo (jcastillo@MaranaAZ.gov or 520-382-2041) for more information.
Do you plan to use tents or canopies at your event?
- Additional fees for inspection may apply. Town staff will notify you after reviewing your special event permit application.
- Tents/canopies larger than 400 square feet require a Northwest Fire permit and inspection. Please contact Northwest Fire District for more information.
Do you plan to bring a stage or generator to your event?
- Additional fees for inspection may apply. Town staff will notify you after reviewing your special event permit application
Do you plan to have a fireworks display at your event?
- Please fill out the Fireworks Permit. For questions call (520) 382-1999 or visit the Town Clerk’s Office, 1st Floor at 11555 W. Civic Center Drive, Marana, AZ 85653.
- Insurance is required. View Insurance Example
- A cash bond is required for damages and liability
- Please make sure your fireworks are represented in your site plan. View Site Plan Examples