The proper operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), commonly known as "drones" is critical to the safety of commercial, recreational, and private aviation at Marana Regional Airport and Pinal Airpark.
If you are a recreational user and plan to fly your UAS within a 5 mile radius of Marana Regional Airport or Pinal Airpark (as indicated by the above map within the shaded red circles), you must notify the Airport prior to operation by filling out the following form. You must also abide by the following safety guidelines:
- Fly below 400 feet.
- Fly your drone within visual line of sight.
- Do not fly near airports, stadiums, or groups of people.
- Do not fly within 5 miles of an airport without first notifying that airport as well as FAA Air Traffic Control.
- Never fly your drone near other aircraft.
- Never fly your drone near emergency response efforts, such as fires.
- Never fly your drone under the influence.
- Be aware of airspace requirements: RESTRICTIONS.
- If you see a safety issue involving drone operation, you are obligated to notify local law enforcement or your local airport.
Notice of Intent to Operate Drone/UAS
The following form is required if you plan to operate a drone or UAS within 5 miles of Marana Regional Airport or Pinal Airpark. Please fill it out in its entirety, and keep a copy for your records. Thank you for your cooperation and dedication to helping maintain an elevated level of safety at the airports. (* indicates a required field)