The proper operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), commonly known as "drones" is critical to the safety of commercial, recreational, and private aviation at Marana Regional Airport and Pinal Airpark.
If you plan to fly your UAS within a 5 mile radius of Marana Regional Airport or Pinal Airpark (as indicated by the above map within the shaded red circles), you must notify the Airport prior to operation by filling out the following form. You must also abide by the following safety guidelines:
- Fly below 400 feet.
- Fly your drone within visual line of sight.
- Do not fly near airports, stadiums, or groups of people.
- Do not fly within 5 miles of an airport without first notifying that airport as well as FAA Air Traffic Control.
- Never fly your drone near other aircraft.
- Never fly your drone near emergency response efforts, such as fires.
- Never fly your drone under the influence.
- Be aware of airspace requirements: RESTRICTIONS.
- If you see a safety issue involving drone operation, you are obligated to notify local law enforcement or your local airport.
Town of Marana Notice of Intent to Operate Drone/UAS
Parks & Recreation Drone & Model Aircraft Permit Application
Note: This permit application allows only for the use of UAS and UAV systems, more commonly referred to as drones, as well as other model aircraft, to be operated at San Lucas Community Park, Mon - Sun, during the hours of 7AM-9PM, solely for recreation purposes. San Lucas Community Park is the Town of Marana's designated area solely dedicated to UAS/UAV takeoffs and landings. This is an annual permit, and must be renewed annually. Potential airports impacted include Marana Regional Airport and Pinal Airpark. Please print a copy of this form for your records. A copy of this permit must be with you when operating a model aircraft in the park.
NOTE: Use of drones and other model aircraft is prohibited at all other Marana park properties.