SPECIAL DUTY PROGRAM
Police Officers may be hired for extra duty services through the Marana Police Department extra duty coordinator at (520) 382-2587. The following requirements are necessary for the hiring officer(s) for extra duty services:
- The Marana Police Department police services agreement and liability insurance must be provided to the extra duty coordinator.
- If the department receives less than 72 hours notice to fill an extra-duty assignment, officers will receive the rate of pay for short notice assignments.
- For hourly pay rates - contact the Marana Police Department extra duty Coordinator at (520) 382-2587.
- As a general rule: one (1) sergeant is required for every five (5) officers assigned.
- All jobs have a three-hour minimum and if cancellation is necessary prior to the start of the job, notification must be made at least 24 hours (not including weekends and holidays) before the time of the assignment.
- In certain situations, marked patrol units may be requested or determined to be necessary for the safety of all the parties.
- When safety is a concern, the Chief of Police, or his designee, reserves the right to adjust the staffing and duties of the officers.