The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan for the following restrictions as construction on Interstate 10 and Ina Road continues:
- Ina Road, east of Silverbell Road, will be narrowed to one lane in both directions from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. beginning Monday, May 22, through Friday, May 26, to set bridge girders. The work will involve 12 truck hauls per day transporting 63-foot girders. The trucks will be traveling on I-10 to Cortaro Road, to Silverbell Road, to Ina Road. Lane restrictions will be in place during the hauling.
- I-10 will have intermittent closures in both directions at Ina Road between 6 and 10 a.m. Sunday, May 21, for overhead utility work. Drivers should expect delays of up to 15 minutes.
Additionally, there will be maintenance work along I-10 near the Ina Road traffic interchange for milling and replacing asphalt.
- Westbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane at Ruthrauff Road (milepost 252) from 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 24, to 5 a.m. Thursday, May 25, for pavement work.
- The westbound I-10 on-ramp at Ruthrauff Road will be closed from 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 24, to 5 a.m. Thursday, May 25 during the pavement work.
- Drivers will use the westbound I-10 on-ramp at Sunset Road.
- Westbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane at Cortaro Road (milepost 247) from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday, May 24, and Thursday, May 25, for pavement work.
- The westbound I-10 on-ramp at Cortaro Road will be closed d from 8 p.m. Thursday, May 25, to 5 a.m. Friday, May 26.
- Drivers will use the westbound I-10 frontage road to Twin Peaks Road to access westbound I-10.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions and closures, but it’s possible that unscheduled impacts might occur because of weather or other factors. For the most current information about highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.