Ina Road Traffic Interchange construction update
The I-10/Ina Road Traffic Interchange project in Marana is in the next phase of construction in preparation for the traffic interchange closure, scheduled for Feb. 15. The following work is scheduled to begin Sunday, Feb. 5:
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road between Gillette Road and Starcommerce Way will be closed beginning 9 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 5, through 7 a.m. Monday, Feb. 6, for striping.
- Beginning at 7 a.m. Monday, Feb. 6, the eastbound I-10 frontage road will be a two-way roadway.
- Westbound I-10 between Orange Grove and Cortaro roads will be narrowed to one lane nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 7, and Wednesday, Feb. 8, for striping and barrier installation.
- Westbound I-10 between Orange Grove and Cortaro roads will be narrowed to two lanes from 9 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 13, for striping.
- Ina Road is narrowed to one lane in each direction between I-10 and Silverbell Road and traffic has been shifted to the north side of the road through fall of 2017.
- The intersection of I-10 and Ina Road is scheduled to close beginning at 1 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, barring weather-related or other unforeseen delays. The closure will be in place for about 25 months. Ina Road, east and west of I-10, will remain open and ADOT will maintain access to all businesses in the work zone for the duration of the project.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road at the Orange Grove on-ramp is scheduled to close beginning at 1 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, barring weather-related or other unforeseen delays. The closure will be in place for about 25 months.
- Massingale Road is closed at the westbound I-10 frontage road through late 2018 while the frontage road is reconstructed. Drivers should use Camino de Oeste instead.
The project also includes reconstruction of the Ina Road bridges over the Santa Cruz River. This work has closed the Pima County Loop Trail, south of Ina Road at Ted Walker Road and north of Ina Road at the Crossroads at Silverbell District Park, for approximately two years. Once the bridge project is completed, there will be Loop Trail underpasses on each side of the Santa Cruz River, new bike lanes and sidewalks along Ina Road and ramps to Ina Road that are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The interchange reconstruction project will improve traffic flow in the area. The project consists of widening I-10 to accommodate an additional lane in each direction and widening Ina Road from Silverbell Road to Camino de la Cruz.
Managed by ADOT, this project is funded by the Regional Transportation Authority of Pima County. The voter-approved, $2.1 billion RTA plan will be implemented through 2026. Details about the full plan are available at www.RTAmobility.com.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions and closures, but it’s possible that unscheduled impacts might occur because of weather or other factors. For the most current information about highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.