Ina Road remains open east and west of I-10
The Interstate 10/Ina Road traffic interchange in Marana is scheduled to enter Phase 2 on Wednesday, Feb. 15. During this phase, the westbound I-10 off-ramp at Orange Grove Road will close so that traffic can exit at Sunset Road. Westbound I-10 drivers wishing to exit at Orange Grove Road will use the westbound I-10 Sunset Road exit to the westbound I-10 frontage road to Orange Grove Road.
Ina Road, east and west of I-10, will remain open and ADOT will maintain access to all businesses in the work zone for the duration of the project. The work will occur as follows:
Tuesday, Feb. 14
- The right lane on westbound I-10 at Orange Grove Road will be closed from 9 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, Feb. 14, for signal maintenance work.
- The right lane of east- and westbound I-10 between Avra Valley and Sunset roads will be intermittently closed from 9 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 14, to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, for overhead sign work.
Wednesday, Feb. 15
- Ina Road at I-10, including the east- and westbound I-10 on- and off-ramps at Ina Road, will close beginning 1 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, for approximately 25 months.
- The westbound I-10 off-ramp at Orange Grove Road will close beginning 1 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, for approximately 25 months. Drivers will be routed to the westbound I-10 off-ramp at Sunset Road.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road from the Orange Grove Road on-ramp to Cortaro Road will close beginning 1 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, for approximately 25 months.
Friday, Feb. 17
- Westbound I-10 between Sunset and Cortaro roads will be narrowed to one lane from 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 17, to 5 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 18, for striping.
Saturday, Feb. 18
- Eastbound I-10 between Twin Peaks and Orange Grove roads will be narrowed to one lane from 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 18, to 5 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 19, for striping.
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road between Gillette Road and Starcommerce Way is a two-way roadway.
- Ina Road is narrowed to one lane in each direction between I-10 and Silverbell Road and traffic has been shifted to the north side of the road through fall of 2017.
- Massingale Road is closed at the westbound I-10 frontage road through late 2018 while the frontage road is reconstructed. Drivers should use Camino de Oeste instead.
- The project also includes reconstruction of the Ina Road bridges over the Santa Cruz River. This work has closed the Pima County Loop Trail, south of Ina Road at Ted Walker Road and north of Ina Road at the Crossroads at Silverbell District Park, for approximately two years. Once the bridge project is completed, there will be Loop Trail underpasses on each side of the Santa Cruz River, new bike lanes and sidewalks along Ina Road and ramps to Ina Road that are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The interchange reconstruction project will improve traffic flow in the area. The project consists of widening I-10 to accommodate an additional lane in each direction and widening Ina Road from Silverbell Road to Camino de la Cruz.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions and closures, but it’s possible that unscheduled impacts might occur because of weather or other factors. For the most current information about highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.