The Town of Marana celebrates 40 years of incorporation in 2017. In anticipation of this milestone, the Town is inviting residents, former residents, and business owners in the Marana community to share their life stories. Stories will be showcased throughout 2017 as a way of celebrating the people who make up the Marana community.
Submitters can begin sharing their stories now on www.MaranaAZ.gov/40-years-of-stories.
Stories can cover a range of topics, including any of the following (and more):
- A life-changing event
- A fun adventure you had
- A moment you learned something
- Your greatest accomplishment / A time you overcame a challenge
- What you hope for in your future
- What you love about your community
- A project you're working on
- What is most meaningful to you
- You greatest wish
Story submitters can anticipate that their stories will be shared on social media, on the Town’s website (www.MaranaAZ.gov), and in conjunction with events throughout the year. Some stories could be told through photos and videos, and submitters can anticipate being contacted by the Town for further collaboration.