The Interstate 10, Ina Road Traffic Interchange project in Marana is scheduled to begin its first phase of construction Wednesday (July 13) which is anticipated to last through early 2017. Ina Road will remain open during this phase. In addition, major utility work will also begin and continue throughout this phase.
Daytime Utility Work (currently ongoing 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Lane closures on the eastbound Interstate 10 frontage road and on Starcommerce Way are in place through mid-July for utility work. Message boards and crews will guide drivers through the work zone. Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times. Interstate 10 will remain open in both directions during the work.
Overnight Utility Work on I-10 (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Eastbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane from Cortaro Road to Ina Road beginning 8 p.m. Wednesday (July 13) through 5 a.m. Thursday (July 14). The eastbound I-10 off-ramp at Ina Road will be closed during this time.
- Westbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane from Orange Grove Road to Ina Road beginning 8 p.m. Thursday (July 14) to 5 a.m. Friday (July 15). The westbound I-10 on-ramp at Ina Road will be closed during this time.
- The work is to allow utility crews to install a gas line underneath I-10.
Overnight Median Work on Ina Road(8 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Ina Road will be narrowed to one lane in each direction between the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) and Camino de la Cruz for two nights on Wednesday (July 13) and Thursday (July 14) and again Sunday (July 17) through Friday (July 22) to allow crews to remove and repave the center median islands
- Once this work is completed, Ina Road will revert to two lanes in each direction. The work is to accommodate utility line work.
Daytime Work on I-10 Frontage Road (6 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- In late July, the westbound I-10 frontage road will be closed around the clock between Ina Road and Cortaro Road for approximately five months to allow crews to reconstruct and widen the frontage road in preparation of the traffic detour when Ina Road closes in early 2017.
- All ramps will remain open.
Daytime Utility Work (daytime work from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- In early August, left turns on eastbound Ina Road will be restricted, east of I-10, from the UPRR to Camino de la Cruz for utility line work. The work will begin after the overnight median work is complete.
Daytime Detour Work on I-10(6 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- In mid- to late August, four crossovers on I-10 will be built, two north of the Canyon del Oro (CDO) wash and the other two north of Massingale Road.
- Traffic will remain in its current configuration until Ina Road closes.
- When Ina Road closes in early 2017, westbound I-10 traffic will be detoured to the westbound I-10 frontage road between Orange Grove Road and Ina Road and back on to I-10 north of Massingale Road. Eastbound I-10 traffic will be shifted to the westbound I-10 lanes while crews begin the reconstruction on the west side (eastbound I-10). A temporary connection ramp will be built from eastbound Ina Road to the eastbound I-10 frontage road (near the Mike Jacobs Sports Park entrance).
The reconstruction project to fully reconstruct the interchange will improve traffic operations on I-10 and on the Ina Road traffic interchange. The project consists of widening I-10 to three lanes in each direction and Ina Road to two lanes in each direction from Silverbell Road to Camino de la Cruz.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur due to weather or equipment issues.
Drivers are reminded to share the road, be cautious, and slow down while traveling through the work zone.
For more information about this project, please visit the website at http://azdot.gov/inati.