The Interstate 10, Ina Road Traffic Interchange project in Marana, north of Tucson, continues its first phase of construction, anticipated to last through early 2017. Ina Road will remain open during this phase. In addition, major utility work will also begin and continue throughout this phase. The work is scheduled as follows:
Daytime Utility Work (currently ongoing 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Lane closures on the eastbound Interstate 10 frontage road and on Starcommerce Way are in place through late July for utility work. Message boards and crews will guide drivers through the work zone. Interstate 10 will remain open in both directions during the work.
Overnight Median Work on Ina Road (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Ina Road is narrowed to one lane in each direction between the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) and Camino de la Cruz intermittently nightly through early August to allow crews to remove and repave the center median islands to accommodate utility line work.
- Once this work is completed, Ina Road will revert to two lanes in each direction; however, intermittent left-turn lane restrictions will remain in place for approximately three months to accommodate daytime utility line work scheduled to begin in early August.
Overnight Work on Eastbound I-10 (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- The right lane on eastbound I-10 will be closed from 8 p.m. Sunday (July 24) to 5 a.m. Monday (July 25) for sign removal north of Ina Road.
Work on I-10 Frontage Road (around the clock)
- The left lane on the eastbound I-10 frontage road near Starcommerce Way will be closed beginning 8 p.m. Sunday (July 24) through late summer for widening to accommodate the reconstruction of the frontage road in preparation of the traffic detour when Ina Road closes in early 2017.
- Beginning at approximately 6 a.m. Monday (July 25) the westbound I-10 frontage road will be closed around the clock between Ina Road and Cortaro Road through the end of the year to allow crews to reconstruct and widen the frontage road in preparation of the traffic detour when Ina Road closes in early 2017.
- Massingale Road will be closed at the westbound I-10 frontage road during this work. Drivers may use Camino de Oeste as an alternate route.
- All ramps will remain open.
Daytime Utility Work (6 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- In early August, utility line work will begin along Ina Road, east of I-10, from the UPRR to Camino de la Cruz. The work will require intermittent left-turn lane restrictions to remain in place for approximately three months.
- Also in early August, the eastbound I-10 frontage road between Starcommerce Way and Ina Road may have intermittent lane restrictions during the day for utility work.
Daytime Detour Work on I-10 (6 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- In mid- to late August, four crossovers on I-10 will be built, two north of the Canyon del Oro (CDO) wash and the other two north of Massingale Road.
- Traffic will remain in its current configuration until Ina Road closes.
- When Ina Road closes in early 2017, westbound I-10 traffic will be detoured to the westbound I-10 frontage road between Orange Grove Road and Ina Road and back on to I-10 north of Massingale Road. Eastbound I-10 traffic will be shifted to the westbound I-10 lanes while crews begin the reconstruction on the west side (eastbound I-10). A temporary connection ramp will be built from eastbound Ina Road to the eastbound I-10 frontage road (near the Mike Jacobs Sports Park entrance).
The reconstruction project to fully reconstruct the interchange will improve traffic operations on I-10 and on the Ina Road traffic interchange. The project consists of widening I-10 to three lanes in each direction and Ina Road to two lanes in each direction from Silverbell Road to Camino de la Cruz.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur due to weather or equipment issues.
Drivers are reminded to share the road, be cautious, and slow down while traveling through the work zone.
For more information about this project, please visit the website at http://azdot.gov/inati.