Pima County Loop Trail at Ina Road will close in January
The I-10/Ina Road Traffic Interchange project in Marana just north of Tucson is completing its first phase of construction. Businesses along the Ina Corridor will remain open throughout all phases of this project. Phase 1 is scheduled to wrap up in mid-February 2017. The on- and off-ramps connecting I-10 and Ina Road are scheduled to close Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017, barring weather-related or other unforeseen delays. While businesses on Ina on both sides of I-10 remain open, there will be no through traffic across the freeway. Cortaro Road and Orange Grove Interchanges are still open.
The project also includes reconstruction of the Ina Road bridges over the Santa Cruz River beginning in January 2017. This work will close the Pima County Loop Trail, south of Ina Road at Ted Walker Road and north of Ina Road at the Crossroads at Silverbell District Park for approximately two years. Once the bridge project is completed, there will be Loop Trail underpasses on each side of the Santa Cruz River, new ADA-accessible ramps to Ina Road and new bike lanes and sidewalks along Ina Road.
Drivers should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and watch for construction personnel and equipment while the following closures and restrictions are in place:
Interstate 10 Frontage Road
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road south of Ina Road and north of Starcommerce Way is narrowed to one lane daily through the end of the year.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road is closed between Ina and Cortaro roads through the end of the year.
- Access to all businesses will be maintained. Traffic control signs will guide drivers through the work zone.
- Ina Road, just east and west of I-10, is narrowed to one lane through end of year.
- Ina Road, east of I-10, has left-turn lane restrictions at Camino de Oeste (in both directions) and at Camino de la Cruz (from eastbound Ina Road only) through end of year for utility work. Watch for possible U-turn restrictions while work is underway.
- Massingale Road is closed at the westbound I-10 frontage road through 2017 while the frontage road is reconstructed. Drivers should use Camino de Oeste instead.
The project to reconstruct the interchange fully will improve traffic operations on I-10 and on the Ina Road traffic interchange. The project consists of widening I-10 to accommodate an additional lane in each direction and widening Ina Road from Silverbell Road to Camino de la Cruz.
Managed by ADOT, this project is funded by the Regional Transportation Authority of Pima County. The voter-approved, $2.1 billion RTA plan will be implemented through 2026. Details about the full plan are available at www.RTAmobility.com.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions and closures, but it’s possible that unscheduled impacts might occur because of weather or other factors. For the most current information about highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Travel Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.