WHAT IS STAR SPANGLED SPECTACULAR?
Star Spangled Spectacular is Marana's largest public event with over 15,000 attendees. It is also the largest organized fourth of July event in southern Arizona and features fireworks, live music, kids activities, inflatables (both wet and dry), an Uncle Sam stiltwalker, face painting, food trucks, vendors, and much more located at Crossroads at Silverbell District Park.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
Town of Marana puts on this event in partnership with several community organizations:
- Radio stations KLPX, Rock KFMA, La Caliente, and La Buena will be on-site with radio DJs Larry Mac, Beth Simmons, Dino, and Avery serving as stage emcees.
- Enjoy musical performances by Alien Atmosphere, Little House of Funk, Drew Cooper, Silent Rival, and Steff and the Articles on the Bud Light stage.
- Stop by Bookmans Entertainment Exchange in the Bookman's Kid Zone.
- Grab a refreshing drink from the beer garden. Hensley Beverage Company will be selling a variety of beer options, with proceeds benefiting Marana Heritage Conservancy (all ages can enter the beer garden, but you must be 21 years of age to purchase an alcoholic drink).
- Grab a bite to eat from one of nearly 30 food vendors and visit many of our local business booths.
HOW DO I GET TO THE EVENT?
The parking lot at Crossroads at Silverbell District Park is limited to handicap parking and event staff and vendor parking. For the general public, the Town of Marana is now offering shuttle services from the following locations:
- Coyote Trail Elementary School - 8000 N Silverbell Rd, Marana, AZ 85743
- Continental Ranch Community Center - 8881 N Coachline Blvd, Marana, AZ 85743
- Safeway / Twin Peaks Elementary - 7995 W Twin Peaks Rd, Marana, AZ 85743
Shuttles are free and begin at 4 pm, with six shuttles and two HandiCars rotating through the three stops. Last call after the event is at 10:45 pm. Eleven shuttles and two HandiCars will be waiting in the event parking lot to take people back to their cars.
Parking is also available throughout Arizona Pavilions shopping center, however shuttle stops will not be in the area.
WHAT CAN I BRING?
Attendees can bring outside food, drinks, and coolers into the event. Blankets and chairs are also permitted. Please remember to bring lots of water, as the weather is typically very hot during this time of year.
Outside alcoholic drinks, glass containers and grills are not permitted in the park.
Please note that all bags and containers will be checked prior to entering the park. This includes at the park and at the shuttle stops.
CAN I BRING MY DOG?
The Town highly discourages bringing animals into the park due to the large number of people and the noise. While 4th of July can be a very joyous time of the year it can sometimes cause stress on our canine and feline friends. Please make sure to safely secure your dogs and cats inside your home. Marana Animal Services suggests using noise simulation (radio, tv) in a cozy and small area of the home.
IS THIS A SMOKE-FREE EVENT?
According to Town Code Title 13-1-3, smoking within 25 feet of any athletic field, athletic facility or children’s play area is PROHIBITED. This includes to inhale, exhale, burn, carry or possess any lighted tobacco product, including cigars, cigarettes, pipe tobacco and any other lighted tobacco product.
For Star Spangled Spectacular, the Town has created three designated smoking areas throughout the park; the field with the volleyball courts, the tennis court, and in-between the baseball fields (see map below). Smoking outside of the designated smoking areas is prohibited and in violation of Title 13-1-3.
WHEN DO FIREWORKS START?
Promptly at 9pm! After an evening of music, food and fun, sit back and enjoy a dazzling firework show over the Santa Cruz River.
WHERE IS EVERYTHING?
Everything inside the event (as well as the shuttle stops!) can be found on our map! Check it often by visiting this info page, or visit the official Star Spangled Spectacular webpage or MaranaEvents.com.