SAGUARO BLOOM COMMUNITY PARK
Survey Closes July 15, 2018
PROPOSED PARK DESIGN
- Total acres – 29 acres. Park developed area 20 acres.
- Path system – 10 – 12 feet wide, lighted, 5000 Linear feet.
- Dog Park – Lights, Shade structure, water fountain, concrete seating,
- Soccer field dimensions – 360 ft x 220 ft., equates to 120 yd x 73 yds , Lighting (Musco), turf (tiff tuff),
- Ramadas (7)
- Baseball fields – Musco lighting, Shaded Bleachers, Batting Cage, Scorers table, score boards
- Passive areas
- Parking lot – 232 parking spaces
- Playground – Shade
- Basketball Court – Lighted with fence between court and parking lot
- Sand Volleyball – Lighted
- Pickelball Courts – 3 courts lighted
- Path system – 10 – 12 feet wide, lighted, identify linear footage
- Maintenance Building
A PERFECT LOCATION
Surrounded by views of the Tucson Mountains and the Saguaro Bloom development, Saguaro Bloom Community Park is the perfect home for residents to play, be active, and enjoy the outdoors.
COMMUNITY PARK RECIPE
What Makes a Marana Community Park
- Average Community Park Size: 10-40 acres
- Community Park Service Area: surrounding community of 1 mile radius
In general, community parks provide active and passive recreation activities and serve as a social and recreational focal point for multiple neighborhoods. Community park amenities often include shade ramadas, picnic tables and benches, walking paths, children’s play areas, multi-purpose/sports fields, a play court, a restroom, and parking. A goal in the design of this particular park is to provide public gathering areas, more lighted ball fields, and amenities that encourage active healthy lifestyles.
The design of this community asset and its amenities will be determined through a design process that involves the neighbors and stakeholders.
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
The Town of Marana Parks and Recreation Department is preparing to build a new community park, and we welcome your input.
For: Saguaro Bloom residents regarding the Saguaro Bloom Community Park
Day: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Time: 6:30 PM
Where: Marana Municipal Complex Conference Center
11555 W. Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
Town of Marana
Parks & Recreation Department
13251 North Lon Adams Road
Marana, AZ 85653
Phone: (520) 382-1950
Fax: (520) 382-1951