MARANA CITIZENS' FORUM
The Marana Citizens' Forum has reconvened for the Fall 2017 session. Delegates will choose a topic for this session on which to deliberate during the first official meeting on September 21, 2017. The meetings will take place at the Marana Municipal Complex (MMC), located at 11555 W. Civic Center Dr., in the 2nd floor Conference Center at 5:30PM, unless otherwise noted. The Fall 2017 meeting dates are listed below:
- Orientation: September 21, 2017
- Issue Naming: October 5, 2017
- Data Presentation/Issue Framing: October 19, 2017
- Public Deliberation: November 2, 2017
- Construction: Week of November 9, 2017 (specifically for the selected Design Group/Presenter)
- Review: November 16, 2017
- Presentation: November 21, 2017 (held in Council Chambers at the Marana Municipal Complex, 7PM)
Established by Council action in 2011, the Marana Citizens' Forum is a new model for engaging residents and community partners in the Town. The Forum is comprised of up to 32 Delegates from throughout the community, including Regional Partner Representatives from the Marana Health Center, the Marana Chamber of Commerce, Northwest Fire District, and Marana Unified School District, as well as At-Large Citizen Delegates and Town Council Appointed Delegates, all of whom bring their unique viewpoints and expertise to the discussion to help develop recommendations for broad town-wide issues.
To convene Town of Marana residents, business owners, and other community partners from the greater Marana area to discuss recommendations for potential action to Town Council regarding multidisciplinary, town-wide issues in conjunction with the Town's objectives as outlined in the Strategic Plan.
To promote active citizen engagement from Marana residents in integral town functions and issues in an effective and sustainable manner that is consistent with the Mission Statement of the Marana Citizens' Forum.
- Increase the number of informed and engaged citizens of the Town of Marana
- Develop feasible action plans for recommendation to Council on important issues
- Tie ideas and action plans to the Town’s Planning Documents (Strategic Plan, General Plan, Economic Road Map/Strategic Plan)
- Establish and maintain a positive feedback loop between the Forum and Town Council
- To promote civic dialogue in order to implement community action plans from Forum recommendations
- To provide Town staff with direction on various projects based on citizen input and engagement
Fall 2017 Delegates
Recent Recommendations to Council: Winter '17
*All meetings for any Session of the Marana Citizens' Forum are open to the public. Public may attend these meetings at their leisure, but are not permitted to interact or interfere with the process of collaboration of the Marana Citizens' Forum Delegates.
Jocelyn Bronson Heath Vescovi-Chiordi