Batteries are being stolen out of the engine compartments of various makes and models of vehicles. Follow these instructions to reduce the event of theft:
- Remove batteries from large commercial vehicles that are stationary for extended periods.
- Record the brand and any other significant identifiers found on your batteries—Pictures are great for identification too.
- Mark batteries with a Driver’s License or State ID Number— Be careful not to damage the battery or it’s label—Use a neon-colored fingernail polish or similar paint.
- Keep vehicles locked to restrict access to the hood latch.
- Install motion sensor lights in parking areas.
- Install exterior cameras in parking areas.
- Park in well-lit areas.
Report ALL Suspicious Activity Around Vehicles! Call the Marana Police Department's Non-Emergency:
To Report a Crime In Progress Dial 9-1-1