Rising Gas Prices Can Result in Increased Gas Theft / Siphoning from Vehicles
Taking these steps will help decrease your chances of becoming victimized:
- Park in a locked garage. If possible, consider purchasing a locking gas cap.
- Available anywhere they sell auto parts/supplies.
- Park where your vehicle can be seen by others.
- Choose a well-lit area, NOT remote or hidden such as behind a business.
- Make sure doors and windows are closed and locked.
- Never leave anything of value in your vehicle.
- If you see any suspicious activity around vehicles, call the police at (520) 682-4032 or 911.
Also remember, NEVER leave children or pets unattended in your vehicle or without the air conditioning on, even for a short time, as the heat rapidly rises in an enclosed area and can cause severe harm or death.