Having a grocery store in Marana proper and the Gladden Farms area would be a huge benefit to the community as a whole.
1. Residents with limited transportation have to purchase groceries at either Sandario Discount Market or Family Dollar. The prices are higher and there is a limited selection.
2. Individuals working in the area would help to contribute to the economy. Marana Unified School District employs hundreds of people that would utilize a grocery store -- lunch items or picking up items on their way home after work.
3. A grocery store would provide a service to residents in San Lucas, Red Rock, Picacho Peak, Saguaro Bloom, Gladden Farms, and all surrounding areas.
4. A grocery store would provide employment opportunities.
5. A grocery store would encourage other business to move to the area. This would increase revenue for the city.
If you build it, I will shop!
John & Bonnie Keil