CRYSTAL LEGACY AWARD NOMINATION FORM
Often referred to as the "Matriarch of Marana," Ora Mae Harn served on Town Council from 1985-2001 and was mayor on two occasions. To further recognize her commitment to the community, the Town in 2001 named a district park in her honor. During her many hears of commitment to Marana, she was director of the Marana Health Center, instrumental in the formation of the Marana Community Food Bank, and a founding member of the Marana Rotary Club. She also founded and served as the first president of the Marana Heritage Conservancy. Ora Mae Harn exemplified leadership, volunteerism and a steadfast commitment to the community of Marana.
The Ora Mae Harn Crystal Legacy Award honors Mrs. Harn's dedication and service to the Town of Marana by recognizing individuals or businesses that promote her commitment to the Town of Marana through exemplary volunteer service.
Nominees cannot choose themselves, must be living, own a business or live in Marana, not be an elected official, and not be a member of the selection committee. Selection is based on any or all of the following criteria:
- Imagination and extraordinary effort in developing and/or sustaining creative solutions to community needs
- Organization and direction of an activity of exceptional importance and complexity
- Service in a leadership position and personal expertise that has enabled the applicant to contribute valuable service to the community
- Exemplifies the spirit of community service
- Serves as a role model for others in the community
- Inspires others to engage in volunteer service
- Develops and fosters the virtues and skills of civic engagement and social responsibility
- Performs work that has facilitated better understanding and made a significant improvement in human relations, social welfare and justice among diverse groups
Nominations must be received by February 26, 2017 at 5 p.m.