CITIZENS POLICE ACADEMY
The Citizens Police Academy is designed to provide our citizens and business community with a greater understanding of the Marana Police Department and its operations through classroom instruction and hands-on experiences. This Academy is a 42-hour block of instruction taught by department employees that showcases several units in the department.
The program objective is to further our partnership with the community and make the Town of Marana an even better place to visit, work and raise a family.
Upcoming Citizens Police Academy Term: February 21, 2017 - May 9, 2017
Every Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Location: Northwest Fire Training Center
Applications for the upcoming session are due February 13, 2017
Topics covered in the class:
- Introduction of Command Staff
- Hiring and training academy information
- Patrol duties
- Motor units
- Volunteers in Police Service
- Criminal investigations
- K-9 (dog) unit
- Must be 16 or older and licensed to drive
- NO felony arrests or convictions
- NO misdemeanor arrests within one year of application
- Must complete an application and submit it prior to the cutoff date